Creamy bread pudding is the most loved dessert. It is easy to make and takes less ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen. This sugar treat combines the simplicity of bread with a luscious custard base. And you can experience a delightful fusion of flavors. To elevate this delicious bread pudding recipe, add Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter to get the rich, creamy goodness. Let’s learn how to make bread pudding with a step-by-step guide below.
How to Make Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is a delicious and versatile dessert that’s quite easy to make. It begins by soaking fresh bread in a mixture of butter, eggs, and sugar, transforming it into a delightful treat. Here’s how to make this delicious dessert. Check out the list of ingredients to make this easy bread pudding recipe.
For the Bread Pudding:
- 1-2 days Stale or fresh bread
- Milk and cream for a creamy texture
- Eggs for binding
- Sugar for sweetness
- Vanilla extract for flavor
- A pinch of salt for balance
- Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter
For the Bread Pudding Vanilla Sauce:
- Heavy cream
- Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter
- Vanilla extract
- Cut the stale bread into cubes or slices, removing the crust if desired. Arrange them in a greased baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine milk and cream. Heat it until it’s warm but not boiling. Add Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter for extra richness and flavor.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Slowly pour the warm dairy mixture into the egg mixture, whisking continuously to create a custard.
- Pour the custard mixture evenly over the bread in the baking dish. Make sure all the bread is soaked.
- Allow it to rest for at least 30 minutes, or until the bread has absorbed most of the liquid. You can gently press the bread down to ensure it is even soaking.
- Preheat your oven to the recommended temperature which is usually around 350°F or 180°C. Bake the pudding until it’s set and golden brown on top, usually for 30-45 minutes. The exact baking time may vary depending on your recipe.
Prepare the Vanilla Sauce
- While the pudding is baking, prepare the vanilla sauce. In a small saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, and Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter.
- Heat it gently, stirring constantly, until the sugar has dissolved, and the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove it from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Once the pudding is done, allow it to cool slightly before serving. Drizzle the warm vanilla sauce over individual servings. Enjoy your creamy pudding with the rich, indulgent taste of Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter.
Nutritional Values per Serving
Enjoying a serving of this delightful pudding, made with premium ingredients like Nova Dairy’s Butter, provides you with a delicious dessert that’s both satisfying and high in quality. Here are the approximate nutritional values per serving:
Calories: Approximately 300-350 calories per serving, depending on portion size.
Fat Content: Approximately 12-15 grams, with Nova Butter contributing to a creamy richness.
Protein: Approximately 6-8 grams, making it a satisfying treat.
Carbohydrates: Around 40-45 grams, mainly from bread and sugar.
Sugar: About 15-20 grams, naturally occurring from ingredients like sugar and dairy.
Fiber: Minimal fiber content, primarily from the bread.
Other Nutrients: A source of calcium, thanks to dairy products.
Creative Mix-Ins and Toppings
By experimenting with creative toppings and mix-ins, you can jazz up your pudding experience and turn this traditional dessert into a one-of-a-kind delicacy. Here are some mouthwatering suggestions to improve its flavor and texture:
- Dried Fruits: Add a burst of sweetness with raisins, cranberries, or apricots. Soak them briefly before mixing them into the pudding for plump, juicy bites.
- Fresh Fruits: Sliced bananas, diced apples, or berries can provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of the pudding.
- Nuts: Chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds bring a satisfying crunch and a delightful nutty flavor.
- Chocolate: Dark, milk, or white chocolate chips or chunks can melt into gooey pockets of deliciousness.
- Spices: Experiment with cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or even a pinch of cloves for aromatic warmth and complexity.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of freshly whipped cream adds a light and airy contrast to the pudding’s creaminess.
- Caramel Sauce: Drizzle warm caramel sauce over your serving for an indulgent, sweet finish.
- Powdered Sugar: A dusting of powdered sugar adds an elegant touch and a hint of sweetness.
- Fresh Herbs: Surprisingly delightful, try a few fresh mint leaves or basil ribbons for a unique twist.
- Ice Cream: A scoop of vanilla, caramel, or even a fruity sorbet can take your dessert to the next level.
Get creative and mix and match these suggestions to suit your taste. So don’t hesitate to experiment and discover your own perfect combination of mix-ins and toppings.
Variations to Try with Easy Bread Pudding Recipe
Creamy bread pudding, a dessert that is loved for its comforting simplicity, also offers a world of exciting variations to suit diverse tastes. Here are some of the exciting variations to try with easy bread pudding recipe.
- Add Chocolate: You can add cocoa powder, chocolate chips, or even a chocolate ganache topping for a rich, decadent twist. Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter enhances the chocolatey goodness.
- Fruit mixture: Fresh or canned fruits like berries, apples, or peaches can infuse vibrant flavors. Nova Dairy’s Butter complements the fruity sweetness beautifully.
- Savory ingredients: For a unique twist, experiment with savory ingredients like cheese, herbs, or diced ham. Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter adds a savory depth.
- Spices: Elevate your pudding with warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom. Nova Dairy’s Butter enriches the spice-infused custard.
Try out the easy creamy bread pudding recipe at your home by using Nova Dairy’s Premium Butter. So, whether you prefer classic flavors or experimental twists with different toppings, this dessert will taste amazing for your personal touch. Explore and savor the ultimate comfort dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. Enjoy every bite!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How to Store and Reheat Bread Pudding
To keep your pudding fresh, refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Reheat individual servings in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or place the dish in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Wondering How Long to Bake Bread Pudding?
Baking time for pudding typically ranges from 30-45 minutes at 350°F (180°C). Ensure it’s set and golden brown on top, with a slight jiggle in the center.
What’s the Best Bread for Bread Pudding?
Choose 1 – 2 days stale bread for the best texture and taste. The moisture content in fresh bread may cause the custard mixture to become too soggy, resulting in a less desirable texture. Additionally, using stale bread allows for a better absorption of flavors from the custard mixture, enhancing the overall taste.
Is Bread Pudding Always Sweet?
No, bread pudding can be savory. Try savory variations with ingredients like cheese, herbs and spices for a delightful change from the sweet versions.